We are looking for a positive and enthusiastic 1:1 Learning Assistant to join our team at BPS. This is a part-time role, three days per week term time only to including INSETS on a Fixed Term contract (contingent upon the child remaining at BPS and receiving funding).
- To work in the classroom, supporting a child
- To assist with lessons, assisting in participation of class life, reading and writing, speech, language and communication, moving safely around the classroom and school yet encourage independence.
- To reinforce learning from classroom and support as and when necessary
- To attend weekly 1:1 support with the Speech and Language teacher so this work can continue throughout the week and to meet with other outside agencies as required
- To build confidence, and to support with friendships at break time and lunch
- To support day to day activities eg changing for PE, eating lunch etc
- To support the needs as addressed in the EHCP
- To support social skills and develop communication with peers during break times and lunch
- Liaise with parents at start and end of day